The State Wide Ageing in the Bush project was an initiative of the Regional Development Council of Western Australia with the objective to “identify aged care models for regional WA that will enable residents to age in their community”.
A number of models to address state wide issues have been developed. They draw on principles that guide quality provision of services, support sustainability and enable appropriate Aboriginal aged care
programs. These include:
• geographic ‘footprint’ model for dispersed population;
• housing cluster model to facilitate care delivery;
• improvement of broad access to in-home services;
• accessible respite;
• contemporary model for MPS’s; and
• Aboriginal older care models.