As we age we need to ensure that our home is accessible, adaptable and well located to suit our retirement years. Affordability can also become an overriding factor as we consider how we will manage beyond our working years on a limited income or aged pension.

This information presents housing options for older people in a variety of circumstances.

If you would like to speak to someone about your housing options call Home at Last on 1300 765 178 - Interpreters available

Housing for people with low incomes and assets

Public Housing
Social Housing
Movable Units

Retirement Housing

Retirement Housing is more than just retirement villages. There are also Independent Living Units, Residential Parks, Rental Parks and Caravan Parks, among others! But what are all these options, and how do you tell them apart? Browse through the options to find the housing thats relevant for you

Retirement Villages and Independent Living Units
Caravan Parks
Residential Parks and Villages
Rental Villages

Emergency housing

Rooming Houses