A toolkit for residents' committees has been developed by Housing for the Aged Action Group (HAAG) to provide practical information on starting and running a residents' committee. The law gives residents who have signed a valid site agreement the right to form and take part in residents' committees. The full rights of such residents (who are referred to as site tenants in the law) are covered in Part 4A of the "Residential Tenancies Act 1997".
The items in the Residents' Toolkits are available in pdf format to download - see the links below. Please contact the office on 03 9654 7389 if you require a kit mailed out to you.
The following files can be downloaded as samples for your group to develop policies and procedures.
The Guide to the toolkit can be downloaded here:
- CAV Resident's Committee Toolkit A4 Guide (proof v5
- CAV sample minutes (201 KB)
- CAV sample checklist - Improving Committee Relations (199 KB)
- CAV Checklist - Induction of Committee Members (200 KB)
- CAV Checklist - What Committee Members Need (200 KB)
- CAV Exercise - Individual Committee Members (160 KB)
- CAV Resident's Committee Toolkit A4 Rules v4 proof (201 KB)
- CAV Role Description - Chairperson (202 KB)
- CAV Agenda (200 KB)