Objectives and study design:
This 24-month UK study was designed to
(1) determine the prevalence of memory problems among hostel-dwelling homeless older people and the extent to which staff are aware of these problems;
(2) identify help and support received, current care and support pathways;
(3) explore quality of life among older homeless people with memory problems;
(4) investigate service costs for older homeless people with memory problems, compared with services costs for those without; and
(5) identify unmet needs or gaps in services.