The following links are provided for the benefit of visitors to our website. Whilst HAAG cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information contained in these sites, we advise you to confirm details directly with each provider listed.

Ross House

Ross House Association is a self-managed five-storey building located in inner Melbourne offering tenancy and resources to a diverse range of self-help and small community groups. By providing a stable environment and lower cost resources, Ross House Association aims to reduce the insecurities and financial pressures which so often hamper the activities of small community organisations. HAAG has been a resident of Ross House, 247 Flinders Lane, Melbourne since 1988.


Telephone: 03 9650 1599

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) protects and promotes the interests of consumers.
To do this they:

  • advise and educate consumers, tenants, traders and landlords on their rights, responsibilities and changes to the law
  • register and license businesses and occupations
  • conciliate disputes between consumers and traders, tenants and landlords
  • enforce and ensure compliance with consumer laws.
  • review and advise Government on consumer legislation and industry codes

The impact of CAV is far-reaching. CAV provides advice and assistance on matters of renting and accommodation, estate agents, building, shopping, credit and trading. To view their publication "Renting a home - a guide to tenants" onine, click   here


Telephone: 1300 55 81 81

Seniors Information Victoria

Seniors Information Victoria offers free information on a wide range of issues of interest to older Victorians including:

  • Housing options from independent living to residential care
  • Home-based and community services
  • General information on financial and legal issues
  • Health and wellbeing
  • Retirement
  • New learning opportunities


Telephone: 1300 135 090

Seniors Rights Victoria

Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV) is a free legal and advocacy service that supports older Victorians to end situations of financial, social, physical, sexual and emotional abuse and regain confidence and control of their lives. SRV services include:

  • Telephone Help Line
  • Legal Advice
  • Advocacy
  • Community and Professional Education
  • Printed Resources

If you or someone you know is being mistreated, abused or neglected then call the SRV Confidential help Line on 1300 368 821 between 10.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.


Australian Department of Health & Ageing

The website contains links to information about Services available to older people and their carers, Research and Policy on ageing, the Ageing and Aged Care Division, and Contacts.


Office of Housing

The Office of Housing manages or provides funds for the Victorian social housing portfolio of over 76,000 properties, including long term community, public and Aboriginal housing, short-medium term crisis and transitional housing, and assistance with bond loans for private rental.


Union of Australian Women

The Union of Australian Women is a national organisation formed in 1950 to work for the status and well being of women in a peaceful and environmentally safe world. We seek to improve the lives of women through focussing on issues of equity and social justice. We also highlight the often hidden role of women in Australian society, particularly women's contribution to its economic, social, cultural and political life.


Infoxchange Australia

Infoxchange is also actively involved in grassroots activities aimed at ensuring that all those who wish to access the new technologies can do so irrespective of income, ability or disadvantage.


Abbeyfield Australia

There are ten Abbeyfield Houses located across metropolitan Melbourne. Each house is designed to accommodate 10 older residents plus a live-in housekeeper who prepares nutritious meals. Abbeyfield Houses provide long term housing. They focus on helping our older residents remain independent by providing a secure, comfortable and socially engaged atmosphere. For details on locations on vacancies visit their website.


Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA)

Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA) offers a free, confidential and independent service to older people (or their representatives) who are receiving an Australian Government subsidised aged care service in Victoria. ERA provides advocacy assistance to support older people to uphold their rights. This website provides more information about the range of work that ERA undertakes, and about advocacy.


Matrix Guild Victoria Inc.

Matrix Guild Victoria Inc. was founded by and for the benefit of lesbians. They are committed to the support of appropriate care and accommodation choices and alternative lifestyle options for older lesbians in Victoria. The visions and aims of these women - to raise money to assist Lesbians, who are marginalised, at risk, disabled and frail - remain our concern and our priority.


Seniors Online

Seniors Online has been developed to be a first port-of-call for Victorian seniors looking for information online.


Fair Go for Pensioners Coalition

Fair Go for Pensioners Coalition Victoria (FGFP) is a non-profit coalition of community-based organizations and individuals advocating for social justice for pensioners and other low income groups such as single parents with dependent children and the unemployed marginalised by financial hardship and poverty.


Justice Connect Seniors Law 

Free legal advice for older people  1800 606 313


Specilaised welfare company that provides housing and care to the elderly, frail men and women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. 03 9376 1122.

WIRE Women's Information

WIRE Women's information provides Victorian women with free and confidential support, information and referrals on any issues statewide. 1300 134 130

Gay and Lesbian Switchboard

Telephone counseling, information and referrals. 9663 2939 (Melbourne) 1800 184 184 527 (country Victoria)

Office of the Public Advocate

Established by the Victorian government to protect and promote the interests, rights and dignity of people with a disability. 1300 309 337

Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service

The Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service Co-operative Limited provides legal advice and representation for the Kooorie community. 1800 064 865 

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) (Housing Resource and Support Service)

The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is an independent statutory agency whose role is to implement the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

Helping people with disabilities and theri families to understand their choices, access the supports they need and live life to their fullest potential.  (03) 9340 5100.

Tenants Union of Victoria

The Tenants Union of Victoria aims to inform and educate tenants about their rights, improve conditions for tenants, improve the status of tenants and represent the collective interests of tenants in law and policy making.

They provide advice, assistance and advocacy for tenants of private and public residential properties, and residents of rooming houses and caravan parks in Victoria, Australia. (03) 9416 2577