CARPAV (Caravan and Residential Parks and Villages) operated between 2011 and 2017.
The CARPAV working group is now operating under the new title- 'Retirement Accommodation Action Group'.
Between 2011 and 2017 the ILU working group worked to:
-Represent the rights of residents in caravan and residential parks and villages
-Encourage membership of the group
-Campaign for improvements to housing conditions for older people in caravan and residential parks and villages
CARPAV, in conjunction with HAAG, achieved its goals by:
-Constantly seeking improvements to laws governing caravan and residential parks and villages
-Lobbying government to obtain change
-Wherever feasible working co-operatively with industry, other stakeholders and government to achieve these aims
-Developing small projects that will explore matters raised and form recommendations for improvement.
Some notable achievements of the CARPAV working group were:
- Introduction of Part 4A into the Residential Tenancies Act in 2011
- Caravans and Residential Parks Forum in 2012
- Residential Tenancies Act Review
- Parliamentary inquiry into the Retirement Housing Sector
- Collaboration with Swinburne University on a residential parks project (yet to be completed)
- Retirement Housing forum in 2017