HAAG are hosting a ‘Day of Action’ and we would like anyone living in Retirement Housing to be involved. We have made posters that say “I STILL need a Retirement Housing Ombudsman because…” and “I wish my Retirement Housing manager…”
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Write what’s important to you on the poster that we mail or email out to you
- Have your picture taken holding your poster (you don’t have to show your face if you don’t want to
- Send us your picture so that we can use it to promote your issues
- Do it with a group of friends or residents together at your village, library, café or at your place
- Do it at the HAAG office in the city with other HAAG members and residents
- If you don’t want to take a photo, you can send back your poster to us and we will photograph it
- If you want us to write your statement for you, call our office
- Do whatever you feel most comfortable with – every little bit helps!
- So the government knows why retirement housing STILL matters.
- So your concerns are heard and your voices are amplified.
- Together we are stronger and out voices louder!
- HAAG offices, Level 1, 247-251 Flinders Lane, Melbourne 3000
- Where you live with other interested residents
- With friends’ over a cuppa
- Email images to: Fiona.Waters@oldertenants.org.au
- SMS images to: 0449 554 142 (please note this number is a no reply mobile number so you will not get a response)
- Post images or posters to: Fiona Waters, HAAG, 1st Floor, 247-251 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Call to give us your message to write on behalf on: 9654 7389, Option 2.
- This can be done prior, or on the day. If you have trouble with this, call the office 9654 7389, Option 2.
HAAG understands that many people who live in Retirement Housing who have concerns and wish to contribute may not be able to travel to the CBD to be involved in person for many reasons. Call Fiona Waters on 9654 7389, Option 2 to discuss how you can participate individually or as a part of a group you are involved in.